Responsible for the development and execution of Li-Ion Battery Electronics/Module/Pack test related activities including Design Verification and Process Validation
- Plan, schedule and execute test plans for all levels of product testing, including CV, DV, and PV
- Assist in the development of detailed validation plans for all phases of a program
- Have total ownership of the overall test plan and test results including data analysis along with creating and publishing test reports that support test plans and product delivery.
- Interface with outside test houses/vendors to execute required testing, including quoting and scheduling
- Determine requirements for new test equipment and/or redesign of existing test equipment
- Recommend, purchase and implement equipment, test instruments, data acquisition, etc., required for all levels of product testing including the design of test fixtures and testing instructions
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase
- Provide detailed field data and internal test reports to supply feedback to engineering on needed improvements and any product failures found during testing
- Technical understanding and familiarity with environmental, mechanical, and electrical verification testing methodologies in an automotive environment and to automotive standards
- Familiarity with vehicle CAN and LIN communication interfaces and CANoe/CANalizer tools
- Experienced in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of test or product related issues
- Previous experience with specification and integration of data acquisition using various test instrumentation
- Experience with DIAdem, MATLAB, or other data analysis tools is a plus
- Experience with high voltage EV/HEV battery systems is a plus
- Software programming experience is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to present technical data to customer.
- Languages (business fluent or native): English, German
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Design Verification/Process Validation testing