Responsible for supporting the 2D/3D designs of advanced Li Ion battery cells for transportation and commercial applications and their subsequent release into our data management system. This person will support new product development projects from concept stage through to production implementation and ongoing serial support.
- Actively works as a Li-Ion cell mechanical designer using Pro-E /Creo to generate new product 3D models and associated 2D design documentation as well as to manage changes to existing models and documentation.
- Reviews prints/models for accuracy, adherence to standards and compliance with ASME Y14.5 GDT requirements.
- For new business acquisition assignments, capable to rapidly develop complete detailed models to support customer RFI and RFQ proposals.
- Generates and/ or supports engineering change notices and monitors workflows for data release into the product configuration and change management database system.
- Understands and executes to key project milestone requirements and the requirements of customer release systems in order to properly release data locally and at the OEM.
- Utilizes tooling, specifications, packaging design for assembly and manufacturing experience/knowledge to ensure data/drawings are to best practices.
- Collaborates with other designers and engineers to apply design for assembly practices and best practices via design reviews.
- Performs preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings for detailing parts and assemblies utilizing GDT principles.
- Establishes component tolerances in accordance with manufacturing capabilities and assembly requirements.
- Performs component and assembly tolerance stack-up analysis and incorporates results into designs.
- 10-20% travel may be required for customer and supplier visits.
The position requires proficiency with Pro-E and experience with stampings, extrusion and molding processes. Proficiency with CATIA V5 and OEM data management systems desired but not required.
- 3 to 5+ years in the field of computer aided design of components and assemblies for high volume manufacturing.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling software (Pro-E/Creo required)
- Experience with PLM systems for storage/retrieval of CAD files.
- Agile experience a plus.Experience with design of stampings, extrusions, injection molded parts and sheet metal parts.
- Basic knowledge of statistics for analysis of process capability data against design tolerances.
- Exposure to or training in Six Sigma design discipline desired.
- Working knowledge of GDT and ANSI/ASME Y14.5 requirements