Test Development Manager
This position reports to the Director of Global Engineering Processes.
The Test Development Manager leads a team of engineers with the objective of developing test plans test cases and test systems for verifying battery management systems. The manager mentors project leads and engineers, sets standards for team, monitors team member and project performance and provides resource planning for each of the project.
- Manage and direct activities of the test development team
- Review and approve validation deliverables, including: validation test plans, requirements traceability matrices, and validation reports
- Drive the development of state-of-the-art testing processes, automation, tools and platforms
- Establish and meet budgets and schedules while achieving designated metrics. May require contracting outside/offshore technical resources
- Plan and monitor resource allocation and loading to support multiple projects
- Provide employee management by communicating assignment expectations; quarterly employee goal setting and yearly performance reviews; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Support of data system to collect and evaluate supplier quality related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Periodic Reporting of KPIs to support improvement programs.
- Continuous tracking of KPIs vs. Targets and Action plan fulfillments with assigned suppliers.
Minimum Position requirements
- B.S. in Electrical or Software Engineering, or equivalent/relevant experience or education
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive software test management and automation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience building teams and managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Excellent problem solving skills (8D, 5Y, other)
- Ability to train and coach engineers
Preferred Position requirements
- Expert knowledge of industry standards and best practices for testing ( e.g. ISTQB, Automotive SPICE, ISO26262)
- Experience with battery and/or power management systems
- Experience with remote and offshore test teams across multiple time zones.
Fast-paced development environment
Multiple Projects / Project Variants
Opportunity to learn about all development disciplines