- Design, develop, validate, and maintain battery validation test scripts and parameter files for AVL’s Lynx Test System (V1.22, V1.3.1). These scripts must be of suitable quality to allow for 24/7 operation in product validation testing.
- Support product validation testing at remote test sites using Lynx scripts/parameter files and troubleshooting.
- Lead the implementation of the A&D iTest system in the validation lab.
- Support the product validation Test Group and Systems Engineer Group with mining and analysis of the test data for the purpose of evaluating battery performance metrics.
- Troubleshoot and root cause battery system issues and failures on both high voltage and low voltage battery systems.
- Collaborate with the Validation Engineering Group on the timing and validation of the AVL test scripts to insure testing starts, and remains, on schedule.
- Implement, support, and practice battery laboratory safety procedures.
- Experience with the thermal chambers, data acquisition systems (temperature/pressure/voltage/force), and data analysis tools.
- Plan, schedule, and execute test plans for all levels of product testing, including Design and Production Validation.
- Analyze, document and publish test reports to support test plans and product delivery.
- Ensure all product issues are identified, logged, tracked, and resolved during each testing phase.
- Determine requirements for new test equipment and / or redesign of existing test equipment to meet the testing requirements of new products.
- Work closely with design engineers to understand the application and verify design and functionality is tested.
- Specify and integrate data acquisition using various test instrumentation methods and suppliers.
- Assist in development of A&D iTest scripts to replace the AVL Lynx system scripts.
Specific Skills/Abilities Desired
- Extensive knowledge of A&D iTest systems.
- Knowledge of AVL scripting for AVL Lynx systems.
- Experience with AVL Concerto plotting package.
- Experience with C programming, CANalyzer, CAPL scripting, Neo-ECU script files, Microsoft Office, MATLAB, C (basic), and PERL scripting.
- Must have good understanding of battery electrochemistry.
- Should be Familiar with calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Familiarity with environmental, mechanical, and electrical verification testing methodologies and specifications in an automotive environment.
- Experience with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) and Local Interconnect Network (LIN) communication interfaces.
- Ability to replicate problems to determine the type/nature and communicate this to engineering to help resolve design issues.
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects at one time and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with A&D iTest system and scripting.