The battery requirements engineer drives the creation of the requirements specification for the battery and maintains changes, review and implementation status though the product life cycle in alignment with the customer requirements and according to ASPICE principles.
- Responsible for all activities related to battery requirements including but not limited to requirement analysis, authoring and review
- Review and analyze stakeholder requirements based on generic system approach and drive alignment with sub-system requirements (cell pack, BMS, mechanics) as well as verification and validation
- Perform peer reviews of battery requirements on other projects
- Support anomaly resolution via requirements and test case review
- Support development of verification methods and criteria
- Ensure consistency to platform (cross-project) artifacts as well as FMEA
- Plan battery requirement activities according to the project schedule
- Estimate the time and resources for the planned activities
- Support requirement discussion with project team and customers
- Hands on experience with formal requirement management tool. Experience with DNG (DOORS Next Generation) and RTC is preferred.
- Familiarity with project change and configuration management software, such as Jira, SVN, Clear Case, Clear Quest, PVCS, Change Synergy, IBM Rational tools
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of ISO26262
- Experience with battery packs, BMS, embedded or mechatronic system beneficial
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in model based systems engineering methods and tools e.g. SysML, Rhapsody
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to present technical data to customer.
- Languages: English (business fluent), German (business fluent)
- Engineering degree (BSEE/BSME) and at least 5 years of automotive engineering experience
- Experience in a requirements focused team for 2+ years
- CPRE FL or higher is a plus
- OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience is a plus