The Functional Safety Engineer is responsible for leading functional safety activity according to ISO 26262 for A123 Low Voltage and/or High Voltage battery projects.
- Act as the primary interface to both internal and external customers in regards to functional safety
- Collect customer functional safety requirements, evaluate compliance and note areas of non-conformance and/or opportunities for requirement modifications
- Create project safety plans and reporting status throughout the project
- Development of technical work products specific to functional safety, e.g. hazard and risk assessment, item definition, functional safety concept, technical safety concept, FTAs, FMEDAs, criticality analyses, other safety analyses, and test coverage analysis of safety requirements.
- Estimate the time and resources for the planned activities
- Coordinate design team members to resolve functional safety issues
- Contribute to process improvement activities
- Perform functional safety trainings for the development team
- Expert knowledge of engineering safety standards, especially ISO 26262
- Expert knowledge of FMEA and FTA methodologies
- Strong understanding of the safety critical systems development.
- Working experience with: Jira, SVN, DNG, RTC, Medini Analyze, APIS IQ
- Process knowledge according to ASPICE
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong understanding of battery management or embedded systems is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills. Ability to present technical data to customer.
- Languages (business fluent or native): English, German
- BSEE or equivalent and 5+ years of automotive embedded systems experience
- Tier 1 supplier experience is a plus