Responsible for the development of HV/LV battery pack systems. Candidate will follow deisgn of product from inception throughout development phase and release production intent component for manufuacting. Candidate will lead prototype development and support required quoting activites as it pertains to product development with customers as well as supply chain.
Leads the design and development of a battery pack systems and other related mechanical designs through analysis, design, and testing.
Creates design concepts for industrialization of battery pack systems HV and LV.
Provides technical leadership for design and manufacturing related matters.
Has total ownership of the Mechanical design and associated program deliverables, including cost.
Support Design team drawing releases to meet internal and external commitments.
Reviews product validation and verification plans at all product levels and ensure customer and internal requirements are met.
Keeps program team members and management appraised of project progress and roadblocks.
Creates product DFMEAs, supports the APQP process, uses design for manufacturing techniques, and PPAP principles.
Develop a cost reduction roadmap by working with suppliers as well as A123 personnel in the development of low cost design options and suplier pricing actions.
Coordinate builds for Design Validation and customer requirements including ordering components and inventory control.
The position requires CAD familiarity. Fundamental understanding of CATIA V5, Pro-E/Creo 2.0 and or NX7 preferred. Strong skills set with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel preferred. Preferred candidate would have functional language skills in both Chinese and English.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering and or equivilent.
- 5 years experience within Engineering market preferred.
- Experience designing plastic parts, understands manufacturing techniques for high and low volume projects, and experience selecting proper materials for the application.
- Experience in fabricating prototypes and various fabrication methods.
- Experience with high voltage EV/HEV battery systems a plus.
- Experience with APQP Process, creating DFMEA’s , and PPAP.
- Experience in GD&T and ASME Y14.1 drawing principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and excel in a self-directed work environment as well as within a cross functional team.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral format.