The Finance Business Analyst role is responsible for providing operational reporting and analysis in support of driving improved business performance.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, trend analysis and operational metrics tracking.
- Create real-time operational performance reporting in multiple areas of the business including plant labor and overtime, scrap and regrind, purchase price variances, material usage variances, quantity adjustments, material aging, etc.
- Communicate actual performance against targets and work closely with business and finance stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
- Analyze plant costs and pricing structures and make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Support capital budgeting and tracking and capital project development and analysis
- Support the Operations Finance Controller in providing financial guidance and for multiple operating positions in the organization including the Chief Operating Officer, VP Operations, Director of Procurement, and plant leadership.
- Monitor and analyze margins, cost of sales, and inventory activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting of related financial information.
- Assist in monthly closing of general ledger.
- Provide back-up support for cost accounting team:
- Maintain standard product costs for all SKU’s
- Set-up bill of materials and routings for new products
- Support development of pricing for goods and services
- Report and analyze variances from standard costs
- Prepare customer profitability reporting
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required).
- Education: Four-year college degree in finance, accounting or IT.
- Experience: One to three years prior accounting/financial analyst experience required. Preference will be given to those with applicable experience in cost accounting or manufacturing accounting background.
- Previous experience with computerized ERP (JDE) system preferred. Proficiency with accounting systems and excellent computer skills required.
- Advanced, proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel required such as ability to set up functions, formulas, and pivot tables within Excel.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills required. Must be able to present numerical data effectively and be able to read and interpret complex financial information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. This position will work closely with cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. This position must be able to communicate effectively in all situations including being able to effectively present material in a group setting. This individual must be able to communicate well with co-workers and management and deliver excellent customer service to build internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrated planning/organizing skills required. Must be able to work accurately and efficiently with little or no supervision. To be successful in this position must be able to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set achievable goals and objectives to accomplish requirements in a reasonable amount of time.
- Dependability – Ability to follow instructions and management direction. Must be willing to be responsible for own actions and keep your commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan if unable to deliver within the required time frame.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner
- Ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel primarily to plant locations up to approximately 15% of time.