Department: Maintenance & Repair
Typically Reports To: Chief Engineer/Exec Hskp
Maintenance is what keeps a hotel running smoothly. To deliver a great guest experience – a Maintenance Representative will make sure everything is working so guests are safe and comfortable.
Duties and responsibilities
- Complete minor repairs such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipe lines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as detailed in the hotel preventative maintenance calendar
- Ensure that assigned equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work
- Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guest entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and make minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure things are working properly and efficiently at all times
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed
- Maintain front entrance area, parking area and/or garage, and street entrance in a clean and presentable manner
- Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sport facilities (including property signs and lighting)using established hotel procedures
- Replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimize waste
- Follow established safety procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor or manager on duty
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- Basic reading, writing and math skills and 1+ year(s) of general building maintenance and repair experience recommended. Completion of high school diploma or related vocational training preferred. Familiarity with computers and or tablets.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 100 pounds – 300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling
- Working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrical skills, preventive maintenance procedures, and reasonable understanding of building equipment and hand tools.
- Communication skills are used frequently when interacting with the other hotel staff and hotel guests
- Reading and writing abilities are used to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the day or to read equipment repair manuals
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used frequently
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.