Typically Reports To: Executive Housekeeper, Assistant House Keeping Supervisor
Housekeeping is what gives hotels the ‘wow’ factor. It’s the moment that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their bedrooms and think ‘wow, this looks wonderful’. To deliver a great guest experience – a Room Attendant will clean and service guest rooms so everything is spotless and prepared for guests.
Duties and responsibilities
- Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash/rubbish, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
- Wear safety protection equipment as provided in line with department regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Handle and store chemicals in line with hotel regulations and any local legislative requirements
- Greet and acknowledge guests
- Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions
- Follow established safety procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and take action to ensure guest satisfaction
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects
- May have turndown duties
- May assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and ability to push/pull medium to large weights/objects
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are used often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.