Financial Operations Intern - Spring/Summer Programs
The Financial Operations Intern will have the opportunity to learn and expand professional skills in accounting, asset/liability management, portfolio management, risk management, the financial regulatory framework, banking operations and broker-dealer operations. This is an excellent next-step opportunity for a motivated individual looking for growth and increased responsibility in a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial financial organization.
- Perform month-end closing activities for Bank and Affiliates, including preparation of various journal entries and variance analysis
- Prepare various financial statements and reports to be provided to management and the Board of Directors of the Bank and Affiliates within established deadlines, ensuring quality, timeliness, and integrity of data
- Evaluate financial results of the Bank and Affiliates with Controller to identify business trends and implications, and provide analysis on the results and performance of the Bank’s and Affiliates’ business activities, portfolios and personnel
- Prepare Call Reports and other periodic regulatory reports for Bank and AffiliatesAssist with the Budgeting process for the Bank and Affiliates, including monthly forecasts
- Assist with the interface with the Bank’s and Affiliates’ external Audit firm in preparation of the Annual Financial Statements, and participate in the documentation and testing of key internal controls
- Assist with the Liquidity Risk Management process of the Bank and Affiliates, including management of the Bank’s securities investment portfolio
- Assist with Investor Relations and communications, including annual reporting, stock transactions, and additional stock offerings
- Assist with administration and review of Insurance Policies, Internal Policies, and Procedures related to financial management, Internal Audit, and Compliance functions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be organized and can take initiative.
- Must be skilled with Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in all other MS software
- Effective verbal skills.