1. Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician.
2. Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors, and acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory.
3. Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required.
4. Have at least 24 months of experience as a Physician Assistant within the last 36 months.
TYPE OF WORK . The duties include but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
2. Responsible for a regularly appointed clinic, compatible with workload and, in addition, provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
3. Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient's condition.
4. Perform a general physical examination.
5. Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
6. Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans. 7. Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
8. Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
9. Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
10. Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
HOURS OF PERFORMANCE. Duty Hours: Clinic operating hours 7am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday. Shifts are between 8-9 hour shifts and on occasion, other shift lengths may be specified. Hours scheduled for shifts do not include travel time involved in reaching the medical treatment facility.
Comprehensive Benefits Package.