Monday - Friday, between 6:30am - 5:30pm
Regular On-Call rotation, minimal call-back
Job Specific Details and Tasks:
• Perform a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF.
• Direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
• Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges. These services shall include, but are not limited to ECG interpretation, exercise treadmill testing, exercise and chemical nuclear perfusion testing, ambulatory Holter and event monitoring, trans-thoracic echocardiography (TTE), trans-esophageal echocardiography (TEE), and diagnostic cardiac catheterization. Permanent pacemaker implantation is desired, but not required.
• Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
• Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
• Technically proficient in directing and teaching other medical staff, providing educational lectures and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
• Shall see new patient consults and established follow-up clinic visits.
• Shall respond to telephone consults.
• Shall coordinate cardiology services with other medical activities in accordance with MTF policies and regulations. The Cardiologist shall also consult with other specialty practitioners for consultative opinions and continuation of care as required for patient care.