Provides outpatient consultation for the diagnosis and management of diseases and disorders of the cardiovascular system considering the medical history, physical exam and ancillary studies including but not limited to imaging technologies. Provides primary care and consultation to hospitalized patients with medical illnesses including but not limited to cardiac failure and shock. Provides oversight
and management of all policies, procedures and performance improvement initiatives. Develops and directs daily and long term management strategies. Provides clinical expertise. Possesses knowledge of current TRICARE standards and medically oriented computer systems.
• Implements, coaches, mentors and trains staff in the Air Force Medical Service in regards to Cardiology priorities and customer service basics. Assists in the orientation, training and rating of newly assigned personnel. Provides input into executive level decisions.
• Performs patient and family teaching as appropriate. Performs additional duties as needed.
• Actively participates in Medical Readiness activities.
• Complies with ambulatory and clinical practice standards.
• Demonstrates sound clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
• Participates in quality improvement and outcome management to ensure cost- effective, quality health care delivery
• Demonstrates sound assessment and clinical decision-making skills.
• Familiar with the applicable practice standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues specific to practicingmedicine.
• Familiar with concepts of primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
• Possesses knowledge of health assessment tools and relevancy to assigned patient population. Demonstrates ability to interpret results and implement interventions IAWprotocols.
• Possesses knowledge of patient-family health education/counseling principles and effectively applies them in patient interactions.
• Familiar with reliable patient-family educational resources (e.g. HAWC, Center for Excellence in Multi Media-CEMM(http://www.cemm.org).
• Familiar with basic concepts of customer advocacy and continuous quality
• Possesses clinical knowledge of select ambulatory care procedures to include pre- procedure preparations, post-procedure care and disposition planning/follow-up.
• Develops and maintains proficiency in Comprehensive Health Care System (CHCS), AHLTA and other patient health care data management systems.
• Understands technical issues regarding telecommunications in use at localMTF.
• Delegate tasks to appropriate team member based on scope of practice and level of competency.
• Utilizes leadership and delegation skills to ensure a collaborative team effort and a smooth flow of clinic activities.
• Participates in quality improvement initiatives designed to enhance the quality of care, clinical outcomes, and maximize resources.
• Facilitates leadership inquiry and research utilization to support evidence-based medical practice.
• Evaluates peers through peer review process.
• Collaborates with peers, subordinates, superiors and personnel from multiple disciplines to improve organizational performance.