WORK SCHEDULE Full-time - 40hrs/wk .
Night shift: 2300-0730
Required to rotate weekends and evenings
1. Graduated from Accredited Program or Military equivalent Program.
2. Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support (BLS) Current American Registry of Radiologist Technologist (ARRT) certification and current Texas Sate license.
3. Minimum of four years paid working experience as a Diagnostic Radiology Technologist.
4. Minimum of six months experience working in an Emergency Room environment.
5. Acquired experience which has provided some familiarity and knowledge of basic medical care, anatomy and physiology and radiation protection measures for self and patients.
6. Ability to provide diagnostic, fluoroscopic and portable imaging of the skull, chest, abdomen, spine, upper and lower extremities to patient populations ranging from newborn to geriatric. Be familiar with technical factors that are age and exam appropriate. Be able to use critical thinking and sound judgement when unusual deviations from standard positioning present themselves. Be able to adjust to patient populations that may have abnormal body habitus/physical presentation. Be familiar with CR/DR radiographic equipment and processor such as but not limited to: General Eclectic (GE), Philips, Shimadzu, Carestream, Fuji, etc. q.
7. May be required to act as preceptor for Phase II military and civilian Radiology students during their clinical rotations as part of their Radiology program.
8. Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time due to the nature of work performed.
9. Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification and current Texas State Licensure.