The CFPB Customer Service Representative II provides information and documents complaints regarding financial institutions and financial products. The Customer Service Representative II reports directly to the Customer Service Supervisor and takes direction from the Customer Service Manager. This is an entry level position responsible for disseminating information and aiding consumer complaints. The Customer Service Representative II must be able to evaluate the call to know when to escalate the inquiry/complaint.
* Adhere to the Privacy Act as it relates to the confidentiality of information received
* Provide accurate and knowledgeable responses to telephone inquiries in a courteous and professional manner, utilizing pre-scripted responses which they must read verbatim to provide basic general and claims specific information.
* Assist with side-by-side mentoring for new employees during training and after training as needed
* Maintain a current understanding of the Program’s standard operating procedures, processes and Program policies as provided during training.
* Follow established and documented policies and standard operating procedures such as filling out their own timesheets, adhering to privacy rules and responding to numerous phone inquiries.
* Utilize standard technology such as telephone, e-mail, and web browser to perform job duties.
* Successfully complete ongoing CFPB training requirements as business needs dictate.
* Assist caller with filling out online inquiries and/or complaints and submitting it electronically.
* Escalate calls as required.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of CFPB regulations and policies as they apply.
* Report problems that occur via the online system, so they can be addressed by the appropriate parties.
* Respond to telephone inquiries within the set departmental staffing and time parameters.
* May be required to work GDIT scheduled holidays. Overtime may be required.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EQUIVALENT TRAINING
* High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
* Security Clearance Required; position contingent upon ability to obtain successful Entrance on Duty (EOD) background check
* Minimum 2 years’ customer service and/or financial products for service experience required
* Familiarity with CRC or CRM contractor computer systems
* Must be able to speak English and Spanish clearly, professionally and pass a language proficiency assessment.
* Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM, 30 WPM preferred
* Ability to effectively work within established contractual turnaround times required
* Must have demonstrated excellent listening, interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
* Proven ability to work as a team member is required
* Participate in training and receive certification that all required modules received a passing score
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires proper safety and security precautions. To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is, the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy. The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts personal belongings, electronic devices, or paper that can be brought into production areas.
Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
Black Turtle Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer