Southwest Florida Home Health Care is a locally owned and operated agency which allows us to more readily identify the needs of our patients, employees, referral sources, and communities. We adhere to the mission of making a positive impact on our patients and our employees by providing services and care derived from superior ethical and clinical standards.
We also take pride in our stellar reputation in our industry, but more importantly, among our patients, their families and physicians. Our experienced and empathetic team of nurses, aides and other caregivers are fully dedicated to meeting needs of our patients, assisting them in achieving the highest level of health and function, and respecting their rights, privacy and dignity in the process.
|Position: Speech Therapist - Ft Myers/Cape Coral PRN|
|Job Id: 145|
|# of Openings: 0|
Job Description Summary
The speech–language pathologist is responsible for implementation of standards of care for speech language pathology services and for adherence to all conditions in the Service Agreement.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
1. Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
2. Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
3. Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
4. Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
5. Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
6. As appropriate, participates in case conferences, inservices and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
7. Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
8. Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
9. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
10. Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment regime as indicated.
11. May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech–language therapy plan of care.
12. Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Possesses a degree that includes an internship from an approved Master’s program in Speech–Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulation.
2. Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech–Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech–Language–Hearing Association (ASHA).
3. Is certified to practice Speech–Language Pathology.
4. A minimum of one (1) year's clinical experience in Speech–Language Pathology.
5. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
6. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|