Southwest Florida Home Health Care is a locally owned and operated agency which allows us to more readily identify the needs of our patients, employees, referral sources, and communities. We adhere to the mission of making a positive impact on our patients and our employees by providing services and care derived from superior ethical and clinical standards.
We also take pride in our stellar reputation in our industry, but more importantly, among our patients, their families and physicians. Our experienced and empathetic team of nurses, aides and other caregivers are fully dedicated to meeting needs of our patients, assisting them in achieving the highest level of health and function, and respecting their rights, privacy and dignity in the process.
|Position: Physical Therapist (PRN)|
|Job Id: 116|
|# of Openings: 0|
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but will not be limited to:
A. Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
B. Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM—potential for rehab.
C. Directing physical therapy treatment.
D. Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
E. Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
F. Reporting to physician patient’s reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
2. Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
3. May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
4. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers
5. Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
6. Participates in discharge planning for patient.
7. Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
8. Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
9. Provides inservice education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
10. Participates in peer consultation process.
11. Supervises physical therapy assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
12. When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or masters program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
2. Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the state, if applicable.
3. Two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience is preferred.
4. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
5. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|