Southwest Florida Home Health Care is a locally owned and operated agency which allows us to more readily identify the needs of our patients, employees, referral sources, and communities. We adhere to the mission of making a positive impact on our patients and our employees by providing services and care derived from superior ethical and clinical standards.
We also take pride in our stellar reputation in our industry, but more importantly, among our patients, their families and physicians. Our experienced and empathetic team of nurses, aides and other caregivers are fully dedicated to meeting needs of our patients, assisting them in achieving the highest level of health and function, and respecting their rights, privacy and dignity in the process.
|Position: Physical Therapy Assistant (PRN)|
|Job Id: 119|
|# of Openings: 0|
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The physical therapy assistant provides physical therapy services under the direction of the physical therapist and according to the physician's plan of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of physical therapist and in accordance with the physician's plan of care.
2. Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
3. Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
4. Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
5. Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
6. Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
7. Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
8. Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization Inservice Education Program.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate’s degree in science or applied science that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
2. Current certification or license as required by state law.
3. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|