The primary function of the Systems Administrator is to manage and administer the various systems that are critical to our operations, including both hardware and software. These tasks include daily monitoring, changes, deployment, support, and troubleshooting of our client, server environment. The company is geographically diverse, with primarily Windows client / server environments. The role also has responsibilities for performing difficult and complex assignments related to analyzing existing systems and defining, designing, and developing new system requirements in support of Luna’s products or services with limited supervision.
- Provide premier technical support for both hardware and software issues encountered by users
- Support of corporate applications, corporate servers, VPN based network, client machines
- Perform routine administration on varying technology including, but not limited to, MS Exchange, Active Directory, MS SQL, Ubuntu, Firewalls, AV,
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information to develop alternative solutions.
- Performs necessary troubleshooting of desktop, laptop, and peripheral devices.
- Identifies opportunities for system and process improvement.
- Handling all aspects of systems administration such as monitoring, troubleshooting, e-mail, backup, archiving, disaster recovery, and security.
- Assists in the selection, procurement and deployment of new equipment.
- Coordinates troubleshooting and escalation activities with outside vendors and support providers as appropriate.
- Responds politely and promptly to end-user requests for service and assistance.
- Assists in maintaining required departmental documentation and inventories.
- Identifies opportunities to develop or improve documentation or training materials.
- Develops scripts and other automation to streamline departmental processes.
- Monitors systems daily and respond immediately to any security or usability concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven solid experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with VmWare
- Database administration - MSSQL, MySql, Postgres, Oracle
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and O365
- Networking knowledge – LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP, Routing
- Systems Security knowledge - AV, Malware, Firewall, Group Policy, WSUS
- Scripting knowledge – Powershell, Python, BASH
- Ability to effectively work across multiple operating systems (Windows/Linux)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Associates or higher degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification(s) is a plus