|Position: Electromagnetic Engineer|
|Job Id: 151|
|# of Openings: 0|
Luna Innovations is seeking a creative Electromagnetic Research/Engineering Associate to conduct research focused on the discovery and development of new electromagnetic materials technology towards commercial applications. Current areas of development in the Advanced Materials Group include electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding composites, coatings, and sealants; radar absorbing materials; conformal antennas; and signature control coatings. It is desired that the candidate will have a background in one or more of these areas, with specific expertise in electromagnetic material properties, EMI testing and characterization, and develop skills by contributing to program management, new idea generation, and experimental design / execution. Electromagnetic modeling and simulation experience is a plus. The candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and either have a Security Clearance or be willing and able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
Duties and Major Responsibilities:
• Carry out technical project work including experimental design, problem solving, data interpretation, and report writing.
• Collaborate with the internal and external scientific community to maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge to successful conduct of experiments and projects.
• Assist the transition of new technologies into product concepts, prototype design, and commercialization.
• Communicate well with customers and colleagues through reports, presentations, emails, and phone calls.
• M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or a discipline pertaining to EM materials; or a B.S. degree with >5 years’ experience in a relevant technical area.
• Experience in laboratory research, work plan execution, and report writing.
• Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
• Interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Related background in one or more active areas of the Advanced Materials Group: EMI shielding composites, coatings, and sealants; radar absorbing materials; conformal antennas; and/or signature control coatings.
Apply for this Position
|Go back to the job list|