Osborn Barr | Paramore (OBP) is seeking an experienced Associate Director of Media to join our team. You will represent the liaison between the client and the agency to position products and brands in the marketplace to achieve the client’s objectives. The selected candidate will monitor agency efforts to ensure adherence to strategic plans and tactical objectives with other teams in the agency.
- Maintains overall control of workflow and assigned subordinate responsibilities within the group.
- Oversees the progress of all projects.
- Provides assistance, where necessary, to assure timely completion of projects.
- Maintains quality control of all group projects.
- Ensures that projects are produced completely, correctly, and with a maximum of manpower efficiency.
- Intercedes as much as possible to encourage individual subordinate initiative and to observe their personal abilities and growth.
- Stimulates subordinate productivity and growth by:
- Allocation of assignments that combine to make productive and effective use of each person’s skills, as well as motivating their interests and challenging their minds.
- Encouraging a thorough evaluation of media proposals and alternative media opportunities.
- Supporting direct contact with the account group and clients.
- Assist Media Manager and Media Director in providing formal training of all subordinates.
- Prepare and execute all special Department assignments requested by Management.
- Seven plus years prior media planning (and buying) experience in developing and presenting integrated media plans either via agency association or corporation to gain technical knowledge of media.
- Knowledgeable in offline and online media, including research, planning, buying, and reporting.
- Small Market Experience a plus (C&D Market Experience)
- Proven ability to work with a client budget, third-party research and audit publications to analyze data, write a media plan, and present with credibility and rationale.
- Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, for cultivating client communications and vendor relationships. Position requires a pleasant personality and a positive attitude.
- Experience in media planning in one or more of the following industries: agriculture, animal health brands, rural lifestyle brands, government or financial services is preferred.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, along with direct client contact in the current position.
- Negotiation skills to maximize opportunities with vendors and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be very organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate familiarity with marketing concepts and terms
- Demonstrate the ability to negotiate value-added opportunities for clients.
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and achieve time and budget requirements with a strong, positive attitude.
- Experience with implementing paid search and paid social media campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Google AdWords, SRDS, Kantar, MediaTools, SQAD, MRI, ADVANTAGE, mapping software, social media platforms, and specialized media software programs a plus.
OBP is an Affirmative Action Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.