St Louis, MO, US
O+B | P is seeking a Media Manager that works with the Associate Media Director and Media Supervisor to coordinate the agency’s media efforts across all disciplines.
- Works to determine role of media in the marketplace, assisting in the establishment of media objectives and writing the media brief and media plan
- Assists in negotiations for time and space costs, monitoring of industry trends, media research and analysis
- Implements or assists with execution of media buy and stewardship (insertion orders, blueprint creation, etc.)
- Interfaces regularly and develops strong working relationships with media sales reps
- Leads responsibility for stewardship of all assigned accounts’ budgets, including signed media authorizations and post buys reports
- May handle all aspects of the buy (plan, order, budget, track, post buy reporting) on assigned accounts
- Responsible for media planning (and related responsibilities) on accounts
- Responsible for facilitating meetings internally between account service, media, and project management to kick off the approved plan with a blueprint download
- Assists others on the team and completes special projects as required.
- Two to three years prior media planning (and buying) experience in developing and presenting integrated media plans either via agency association or corporation to gain technical knowledge of media
- Strong experience in the digital space, including research, planning, buying, and documentation
- Google Search Certification a plus
- Proven ability to work with a client budget, third party research and audit publications to analyze data, write a media plan, and present with credibility
- Must demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, for cultivating client communications and vendor relationships. Position requires a pleasant personality and a positive attitude
- Experience in media planning in one or more of the following industries: tourism, agriculture, animal health brands, government or financial services is preferred
- Negotiation skills to maximize opportunities with vendors and clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be very organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrate familiarity with marketing concepts and terms
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate value added opportunities for clients
- Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and achieve time and budget requirements with a strong, positive attitude
- Highly competent in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
We’ll balance out your job with our fantastic benefits and work/life balance (including matched 401k, paid time off, relaxed dress code and tuition reimbursement). We have a team-focused approach and need an individual who shares the same values.
O+B | P is an Affirmative Action Employer M\F\D\V.07.