Safety and Enviromental Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
The safety and enviromental Coordinator developes and administers programs to ensure a safe work enviroment in compliance with OSHA, EPA, KDHE, federal, state & local regulations. Thsi individual will also manage safety programs to ensure a safe and accident free work enviroment. Plans and/or delivers programs to train employees in work site safety and enviromental practices. Promotes plant safety by working with all departments to analyze current situation and reccomend safety improvements. Analyzes accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be provented.
- Investigate, analyze and document all accidents and near misses.
- Conduct root cause and analysis and solutions for safety issues.
- Ensure that corrective actions are administered as a result of safety policy violations.
- Identify trends and contributing factors that impact employee's enviroment related to accidents. Research, suggest and implement solutions to safety hazards.
- Ensure all required training is completed for all employees.
- New hire safety and enviromental training is completed.
- Review all MSDS to ensure associates have proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the job in compliance with MSDS. Provide additional training as needed.
- Manage hazardous waste disposal and appropriate documentation as required.
- Maintain documents needed for audits and inspections.
- Maintains the enviromental record keeping and reporting.
- Achieve and maintain participation and compliance in the OSHA SHARP Program.
- Stays informed of changes to OSHA, state, and EPA regulations and policies and update KBK requirements and training.
- Directs manufacturing personnel activities regaurding safety and enviromental tasks, establishes priorities, schedules and tracks any needed training, provides guidance, and ensures the availability of resources for a safe working enviroment.
- Will focus on the production floor performing daily audits and inspections to identify, correct and insure any hazards are eliminated and comliance with all regulatory requirements are being met.
- Responsible for insuring that all reporting, licenses, and permits are maintained.
- Responsible for managing the company's relationship with OSHA, KDHE, and the EPA.
- Liason for workers comp insurance carrier
- Focus on activities to achieve zero accidents.
Experience / Education Requirements
- OSHA rules, compliance and reporting requirements.
- State and federal enviromental requirements including EPA rules and requirements.
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Computer literate and proficient with MS office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of DOT requirements for safety and enviromental compliance.
- Must have prior experience in safety and enviromental role.
Starting salary based on experience