The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 13 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Turkey and the USA - with more than 6,000 employees,
The North American Headquarters for Sofidel America is in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania with additional plants operating in six states (Florida, Wisconsin, Nevada, Oklahoma, Ohio, and Mississippi) as a tissue paper manufacturer for Consumer and Away-from-Home products.
We are currently looking for a Electrical & Instrumentation Technician for our Hattiesburg, MS facility.
Provide professional and technical expertise to improve the efficiency of our operational systems, improve the quality of our products, and find more cost effective ways to meet these goals while reducing costs. Perform duties to ensure that all electrical and instrumentation maintenance is performed; replace and repair components and parts as needed, program monitoring systems and troubleshoot errors, to keep plant in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Supports Sofidel America’s Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to promote a safe, sanitary and hygencially sound workplace.
- Works from verbal and written instructions as well as work orders. Communicates openly between shifts.
- Use designated computer systems to input work orders, track required work, and track parts in inventory.
- Provide preventative electrical maintenance on electrical equipment, and instrument systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to instrumentation and electrical failure, report conditions, and recommend steps to be taken. Monitor instruments to determine within range.
- Perform preventative maintenance such as changing contacts, checking motors, and operation of robotic systems.
- Maintain the robotic systems including all mechanical, electrical and electrical components to ensure proper operation.
- PLC/DCS programming, troubleshooting, and repair. Repair electrical and electronic systems including any electromechanical production equipment.
- Collect PLC input and output data to monitor efficiency of equipment to assist in the planning of future conversion operations.
- Program computerized monitoring system. Monitor output to determine if settings are correct.
- Install cables, conduit, and instrumentation for new equipment or instruments.
- Examine equipment to identify potential problems. Participate in process improvement efforts, identify inefficiencies and design flaws. Collaborate with other team members as necessary to resolve problems and determine the roots cause. Recommend improvements and make adjustments.
- Managing and working with contractors and vendors to monitor and improve the efficiency and output, to enhance our technology with better products and services, and safety of the plant.
- Reads and uses all types of electrical schematic wiring diagrams and keeps abreast of new innovations and techniques in the specialized field in which engaged.
- Assists in on-the-job training of others.
Other Duties May Include:
- Perform or assist with operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in a variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent communication, documentation, and computer skills required;
- Solid mechanical aptitude preferred;
- Must have the ability/desire to work in a team environment;
- Must possess a high level of integrity, inspiring trust;
- Must demonstrate the ability to promote a safe working environment;
- Must show a drive for results and desire to continually improve;
- The ability to communicate vision and purpose and the ability to motivate others is a plus.
- Experience in an industrial environment.
- High School or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Automation/Engineering preferred.
- Two plus years of experience in related area required.
- Industrial manufacturing internship and/or co-op experience preferred.