The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 13 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania, Turkey and the USA - with more than 6,000 employees,
The North American Headquarters for Sofidel America is in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania with additional plants operating in six states (Florida, Wisconsin, Nevada, Oklahoma, Ohio, and Mississippi) as a tissue paper manufacturer for Consumer and Away-from-Home products.
We are currently looking for a Automation Engineer for our Las Vegas, Nevada facility.
To study and carry out technical solutions to meet the corporate needs concerning automation in accordance with the group investment plans. Provide professional and technical expertise to improve the efficiency of our operational systems, improve the quality of our products, and find more cost effective ways to meet these goals while reducing costs. Perform duties to ensure that all electrical and instrumentation maintenance is performed; replace and repair components and parts as needed, program monitoring systems and troubleshoot errors, to keep plant in safe and efficient operating condition.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports Sofidel America’s Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to promote a safe, sanitary and hygencially sound workplace.
- Test technically and economically the offers received by suppliers and arrange information for the purchase decision.
- Together with the purchasing officer, participate in the negotiating phase with suppliers, if necessary.
- Provide technical support and training to the productive units also in the post start-up phase.
- Get updated on technological innovation also through the relationship with suppliers.
- Promote a safety-bound corporate culture.
- Apply the corporate principles and values.
- Provides Project Management activities for Capital and Major Expense projects as assigned.
- Provide practical project engineering and design expertise utilizing incumbent’s education and training on all projects or sub-projects assigned. Completes necessary calculations, drawings, specifications, reports, etc. as assignment requires according to approved time schedule and engineering budget.
- Provide technical support and direction to operations by providing timely feedback for optimizing quality, efficiency and cost.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with operations, maintenance, field service, sales and marketing personnel and act as a communication pathway for customer quality issues.
- Determine root cause and corrective actions for quality and production deficiencies.
- Directly support the production department in outage execution, safety improvements.
- Manage the hourly technicians and co-ops in the department (as applicable).
- Works from verbal and written instructions as well as work orders. Communicates openly between shifts.
- Use designated computer systems to input work orders, track required work, and track parts in inventory.
- Provide preventative electrical maintenance on electrical equipment, and instrument systems. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems related to instrumentation and electrical
failure, report conditions, and recommend steps to be taken. Monitor instruments to determine within range.
- Oversee and direct preventative maintenance such as changing contacts, checking motors, and operation of robotic systems.
- Maintain the robotic systems including all mechanical, electrical and electrical components to ensure proper operation.
- PLC/DCS programming, troubleshooting, and repair. Repair electrical and electronic systems including any electromagnetically production equipment.
- Collect PLC input and output data to monitor efficiency of equipment to assist in the planning of future conversion operations.
- Program computerized monitoring system. Monitor output to determine if settings are correct.
- Examine equipment to identify potential problems. Participate in process improvement efforts, identify inefficiencies and design flaws. Collaborate with other team members as necessary to resolve problems and determine the roots cause. Recommend improvements and make adjustments.
- Managing and working with contractors and vendors to monitor and improve the efficiency and output, to enhance our technology with better products and services, and safety of the plant.
- Reads and uses all types of electrical schematic wiring diagrams and keeps abreast of new innovations and techniques in the specialized field in which engaged.
- Assists in on-the-job training of others.
Other Duties May Include:
- Perform or assist with operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating
problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in a variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Available to support maintenance and engineering activities after/before normal business hours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent communication, documentation, and computer skills required;
- Solid mechanical aptitude preferred;
- Must have the ability/desire to work in a team environment;
- Must possess a high level of integrity, inspiring trust;
- Must demonstrate the ability to promote a safe working environment;
- Must be innovative, showing a drive for results;
- The ability to effectively manage conflict, the possession of managerial courage and interpersonal savvy are preferred;
- The ability to communicate vision and purpose and the ability to motivate others is a plus;
- Experience in an industrial environment.
Bachelor’s Degree - Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Automation/Engineering preferred. Two plus years of experience in related area.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Employee will use computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, DVMs, oscilloscopes, and usual office equipment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality and procedure manuals, and equipment drawings and programs.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid Medical Benefits
- PTO & Vacation
- Career Advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Sofidel America is an equal opportunity employer.
Sofidel America is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, employment decision at the company will be based on merit,
qualifications, and abilities. The company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. This policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Sofidel America facilities.