Thomas Cuisine Management
This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department in a healthcare facility in Denver, CO. The Executive Chef ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations. You will be responsible for all food service related activities which includes:
- Manage the daily operations of the kitchen area
- Implementing the production process
- Managing food cost / labor cost and having overall understanding of HACCP, under the direction of the Food Service Director
- You will also be responsible for developing, mentoring and coaching internal associates.
- Implementation of systematic production methods
- Standardized recipes
- Portion control
- Menu development and purchasing requirements.
- In carrying out assigned responsibilities, the Executive Chef must comply with all client policies and regulatory agencies.
- Successful candidates will have previous leadership and food service management experience, college degree preferred.
- B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Scratch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State and Federal) and drug screenings
If you are a Culinary Professional seeking a position with a fantastic quality of life environment, then you do not want to miss out on this great opportunity.