Title: Web Developer (Creative Technology Developer)
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
PatientPoint is looking for a Web Front-End Developer who is motivated to join our high-functioning, dynamic and evolving creative team. Your primary goals will be to support the next generation of mobile websites, apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms. Responsibilities will include coding and maintenance of corporate website, product demo site, landing pages, content websites, CMS and html modules and assets as assigned. You must have an evolved understanding of how people use devices, the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit.
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Help inform functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Understand optimization of application for maximum speed and scalability
- Code and deploy applications in a cross-platform, cross-browser environment
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Promote usability best practices
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design/build processes
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify the issues
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality end product to customers
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional time management capabilities
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of WordPress, Drupal, and/or other content management back-end systems as well as software programs like the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Familiar with development and debugging tools for cross-browser issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Work history with web banners is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Computer Sciences or HCI
Minimum 3 years in position with exhibitable examples of similar work
Sample work required
This is an excellent opportunity and includes a competitive pay and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan with matching company contribution, paid time off, and holidays. No relocation is available.
is the trusted innovator of patient and physician engagement solutions at the point of care. For 30 years, PatientPoint has delivered positive outcomes for patients, providers and sponsors with its award-winning health education and innovative technologies. From primary care to specialty practices, urgent care clinics to hospitals, PatientPoint offers a comprehensive communication platform that provides patient engagement solutions across care settings. Learn more at www.patientpoint.com
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V