Title: Business Intelligence Developer
Department: Business Intelligence & Data Science
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Business Intelligence & Data Science
Work directly with end internal users and users that serve external clients to understand, clarify and document requirements. Develop end-to-end dashboard reporting solutions including ETL, data modeling, dashboard design and training.
This position offers you a great opportunity to build ETL processes from the ground up and the opportunity to influence decisions across the business unit. Build ETL processes to support industry leading data science applications, predictive modeling and machine learning deployments.
Entrepreneurial environment that values innovative thinking and using data to solve problems in a collaborative environment.
- Work directly with end to articulate, clarify and document requirements.
- Design, build, and implement BI Solutions using tools like, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Create and execute detailed testing plans to ensure accuracy in ETL and reporting output.
- Analyze and incorporate existing reports into the data warehouse and reconfigure using BI tools
- Troubleshoot and solve problems by gathering and assessing relevant information, use abstract ideas to interpret information effectively, develop well-reasoned conclusions and solutions, test solutions against relevant criteria and standards
- Utilize skills in data warehousing, business intelligence, and SQL Server Tools (SSMS, T-SQL, Oracle SQL Server, SSIS) to develop solutions.
- Develop and apply working knowledge of the business and domain to confirm figures are in the range feasible values, confirm that metrics are relevant and that all reports are accurate, reliable and consistent.
- Independently collect, analyze, and document user requirements for BI projects
- Debug, troubleshoot and monitor existing BI issues. Issues may include but are not limited to connectivity, authentication, software licensing, etc.
- Migrate data from a variety of sources into data warehouse for utilization within BI Reports
- Provide training and technical assistance to end users and other team members that use BI reports
- Create moderate to complex data models to ensure data correctly flows within the dashboards and allows cross table filtering
- Maintain Data Gateways and scheduled refreshes to keep BI reports up to date for end users
- Use ETL tools to transform data for practical implementation into BI solutions
- Craft and execute queries autonomously and upon request for data and for dashboard validation
- Apply quality assurance best practices to ensure end user report and intermediate steps are error free and produce expected results in the range of reasonable values.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor's required, Masters preferred. Information systems, Computer Science, business analytics, informatics, information technology, or a related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year, 2+ years preferred. Only direct and hands-on work-related experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2008 and higher) apply to this requirement.
- Working knowledge of SQL programming and relational data ETL, including data definition, transformation and knowledge of preaggregation techniques required.
- Experience with obtaining data from external API’s and flat files required.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL 2012 and higher required, other RDMS such as Oracle or MariaDB helpful.
- Mastery of Microsoft Power BI, including DAX formulas.
- Experience with a general-purpose programming language such as Python or C# helpful.
- Experience with storage and retrieval of data in NoSQL databases helpful.
- Knowledge of other ETL tools such as Dell Boomi or Informatica helpful.
- Experience with graph databases (e.g., Neo4j) and/or document databases (MongoD) helpful.
- Experience with GIS and spatial data analysis helpful.
This is an excellent opportunity and includes a competitive pay and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan with matching company contribution, paid time off, and holidays. No relocation is available.
PatientPoint® is the trusted innovator of patient and physician engagement solutions at the point of care. For 30 years, PatientPoint has delivered positive outcomes for patients, providers and sponsors with its award-winning health education and innovative technologies. From primary care to specialty practices, urgent care clinics to hospitals, PatientPoint offers a comprehensive communication platform that provides patient engagement solutions across care settings. Learn more at www.patientpoint.com
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.