Location: Cincinnati, OH
Title: Senior Project Coordinator
It is an exciting time to be part of the PatientPoint® team! We believe that a strong, team-oriented environment is key to the success of any endeavor. We’re looking for talented team members who thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
The Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for the execution and delivery of all third-party auditing which includes physical/network audits, digital campaign audits, non-digital campaign audits and any brand-specific audits.
- Reviews documentation related to verification and validation guidance for media buyers to ensure understanding of the auditing requirements established by the Point of Care Communication Council (POC3).
- Ensures understanding of all auditing requirements including network auditing requirements, digital campaign auditing requirements, and non-digital campaign auditing requirements.
- Reviews all contract language related to delivery of third-party audits especially any brand-specific audits that are in addition to other required audits as outlined in the POC3 guidelines. Works closely with Project Manager to understand the overall project plan and timing for which audits must be executed.
- Ensures understanding of audit guidelines particularly around base sizes, success criteria and criteria for what is included and/or excluded.
- Works with Operations to generate data files for delivery to third-party audit vendor for all physical audits. Responsible for contents of data file ensuring POC3 audit requirements are met.
- Handles execution of all non-digital campaign audits for custom print programs which includes collecting data files for third-party auditor, shipping and proof of delivery records.
- Handles execution of all non-digital campaign audits for exam room print programs which includes working with Operations to generate data file to provide to third-party vendor.
- Reviews all reports sent by third-party audit vendor for accuracy. If errors found, notifies third-party vendor immediately to rectify and reissue prior to distribution to client.
- Bachelors Degree required with 2 years of relevant experience.
- Critical thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with multiple teams.
- Detail-oriented – strong attention to detail a must.
- Problem Solver—ability to identify issues/proactively make recommendations for solving.
- “Can do” attitude in an environment of frequently changing priorities
- Excellent MS office skills including with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to create pivot tables and use of VLOOKUPs.
- Ability to work with large data files and identify any discrepancies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This is an excellent opportunity and includes a competitive pay and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan with matching company contribution, paid time off, and holidays. No relocation is available.
PatientPoint® is a patient engagement solutions company passionately committed to making every doctor-patient engagement better™. By harnessing the power of technology, our omnichannel platform more effectively educates and empowers patients, caregivers and staff to deliver improved health outcomes and an enhanced patient experience. For 30 years, hospitals, health systems, physician offices and sponsoring brands have trusted PatientPoint and its more than 450 team members to provide a uniquely integrated experience across care settings. Learn more at patientpoint.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V