Title: Senior Analyst, Market Research & Analytics
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Independently manage and analyze research studies to evaluate the success of pharmaceutical brands’ promotional activities in PatientPoint programs. Work in collaboration with client facing sales team, pharmaceutical clients, ad agencies, and data suppliers. A Senior Analyst will conceptualize, evaluate, create, and present market research results to internal and external clients.
Responsibilities and Duties:
A Senior Market Research Analyst works in collaboration with the client facing Sales team and responsibilities include:
- Independently coordinating, executing, and summarizing 3rd party customized research with outside suppliers
- Meeting and gaining alignment on research methodologies with Pharma clients while developing positive relationships with client research personnel
- Using 3rd party provided research reports to make recommendations on how to best serve clients and increase sales revenue
- Developing presentations and presenting findings to internal and external clients
- Providing insights into analysis – beyond pulling numbers
- Providing sales team with insight and data about Pharmaceutical products and companies
- Querying and analyzing prescription sales data using syndicated query tool, Microsoft Excel, and MS Access
- Assisting the Chief Analytics Officer, VP of Market Research and Program Performance, and other analysts in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Characteristics needed for success in this position:
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to establish and maintain successful cross functional relationships and collaborate closely with multiple teams
- Independent judgment to maintain priorities and work independently.
- Combination of research/analytics and salesmanship
- Ability to persuade while maintaining trust and respect
- Flexibility: The work and work load vary constantly and there is often a need to shift quickly!
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with sales, management, and vendors.
- Clearly and concisely communicate research ideas and results with management
- Demonstrated ability to craft clear and professional business communication
- Ownership/ “can do” attitude in an environment of entrepreneurship and opportunity
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate research ideas and results to those with limited analytics knowledge
- Critical thinker with the ability to identify, solve problems, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and able to juggle competing priorities between multiple internal and external clients
- Detail-oriented: Demonstrated strong attention to detail and strives for accuracy
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years experience in marketing, marketing research, statistics, and/or related fields
- A strong interest in applying logic and strategy to data
- Comfort with large data sets (1,000-500,000 records)
- Presentation skills
- Demonstrated skills in Excel (advanced), PowerPoint (proficient), and Word (proficient)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and knowledge of statistics
- Graduate work in Market Research, Marketing, Statistics, or Health Care
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working with a sales team
This is an excellent opportunity and includes a competitive pay and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as 401(k) retirement plan with matching company contribution, paid time off, and holidays. No relocation is available.
PatientPoint® is a patient engagement solutions company passionately committed to making every doctor-patient engagement better. By harnessing the power of technology, our omnichannel platform more effectively educates and empowers patients, caregivers and staff to deliver improved health outcomes and an enhanced patient experience. For 30 years, hospitals, health systems, physician offices and sponsoring brands have trusted PatientPoint and its more than 450 team members to provide a uniquely integrated experience across care settings. By the end of 2018, PatientPoint programs are on track to impact patient-physician discussions in more than 51,000 physician offices and 1,000 hospitals nationwide. Learn more at www.patientpoint.com