The primary purpose of a Student Success Coach is to assist students in achieving their educational goals and to provide opportunities for them to enhance their academic, career, and personal development. Student Success Coaches provide assistance as students complete their classes, navigate their degree plans, and re-enroll.
- Student success - Execute orientation and planning interviews with students in the first 2 weeks of the first term of enrollment: in person, online, by phone, or other strategy. Execute regularly scheduled check-ins for each student during progress to degree. Execute proactive and intentional notifications to students to complete necessary financial aid, registration, confirmation, VA, and associated processes within 24 hours of receiving alerts.
- Retention - Mitigate stop outs relative to Satisfactory Academic Progress, financial/personal distress, low attendance and/or academic performance, or general dissatisfaction – respond to risk alerts and proactively contact students within 3 business days. Utilize available technologies and the university constituent relationship management (CRM) system to provide student status reports, alert necessary resource personnel, conduct outreach and record interactions.
- Support services - Work with students and appropriate departments to ensure provision of needed support services, such as Academic Support, Career Development, Campus Center Staff, Military and Veteran Student Services, and International Student Services. Provide basic information to students and connect students with these resource areas by setting appointments and conducting follow up check-ins. Ensure students are aware of other services available, such as Counseling Center, Library, computer labs, and more.
- Liaison - Connect students with appropriate student engagement and offsite opportunities – based on their major, interests, location, and mode of delivery. Work behind the scenes with staff and faculty throughout Park, including Faculty Advisors, Academic Advisors, Campus Center Directors, Academic Support Services, Military & Veteran Student Services, Park Distance Learning, Financial Aid, Registrar’s Office, Career Development, Athletics, and International Student Services.
- Master’s degree required.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both face-to-face and in a virtual environment, making email, chat, or phone interactions with students.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to work on a non-traditional schedule, specifically evenings and weekends.
- Preference given to Veterans or candidates with military experience or affiliation.
- Preference given to candidates with working knowledge and experience with a wide range of computer technology such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), databases, call center, and constituent relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Preference given to candidates with advising or career counseling experience.
- Preference given to candidates with international experiences or knowledge of international student processes.
- Preference given to applicants who speak multiple languages.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student and faculty population.
Park University provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and paid undergraduate tuition for employees and dependents. Park University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Qualified applicants must upload a resume and cover letter that includes salary requirements.