Leads the dissemination/communication of health economic, quality, and outcomes data & tools in assigned regions/customer segments (health plans, hospitals, quality improvement organizations, IDNs, LTC facilities, etc) and facilitates customer implementation of health care quality initiatives in therapeutic areas of interest to Optimer. This includes the use of resources that require expertise in scientific/outcomes research and knowledge of systems and processes used by customers to deliver high quality health care to its members. The individual serves as a liaison between customers across multiple market segments and matrixed field teams to ensure customer engagement in alignment with their needs for information and services. The individual must possess a strong understanding of the hospital and managed care marketplace, quality-improvement programs, scientific principles of health economics, outcomes research, and evidence-based medicine as well as excellent ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders on these topics.
Central/Rocky Mountain Territory includes: KS, CO, UT, WY, NE, AR, OK
- Consult and establish relationships with D-level healthcare providers, e.g., Director of Pharmacy, Director of Finance, Director of Quality; epidemiologists, outcomes personnel, disease management coordinators, infection control/prevention teams, and quality improvement specialists with regard to their needs for health economics, outcomes, evidentiary data, quality of care resources and tools to support brand/disease value propositions and quality improvement efforts in disease states of interest to Optimer.
- Lead/manage/support implementation of health economics, outcomes and quality improvement resources and initiatives with customers across multiple market channels, e.g., hospitals, systems, managed markets, quality improvement organizations, and long term care. Coordinate with the Optimer field team(s) to develop regional and channel specific strategic plans to ensure effective utilization of health economics, outcomes research, and quality improvement information and tools.
- Communicate account and project activities and provide status updates routinely to key internal stakeholders (monthly reports, voice of customer feedback, best practices, etc).
- Support all regional and channel field training needs for HEOR/quality improvement data, as necessary.
- Support assigned region(s) in achieving field force effectiveness via the incorporation and delivery of HEOR/quality improvement tools and services to support strategies for maximizing product access and appropriate utilization across all assigned market segments and customers.
- Support, conduct or participate in HEOR/Q related research activities aligned with product(s)/disease states of interest to Optimer.
- Provide consultative support to customers in analyzing and interpreting health outcomes data and assist customers in use of this information with the goal of optimizing access and quality of care within their organizations.
- Develop effective and innovative communication strategies and deliverables for external audiences to ensure effective delivery of brand value propositions.
- Maintain strong command on marketplace needs for quality of care & CER/evidence requirements.
Associated Performance Metrics:
- Demonstrate leadership in supporting account management to effectively utilize HEOR/quality improvement information and services to penetrate accounts in a manner that results in significant customer activities beneficial to Optimer within assigned region(s).
- Support training of field sales teams on all new HEOR materials in a manner that assures optimal positioning and implementation of HEOR tools and services with assigned customers.
- Disseminate HEOR information, services, materials, and tools through effective communication/ presentations in compliance with Optimer SOPs.
- Execute all actions with customers outlined in the collaborative business planning process with field sales.
- Develop and completely execute a business plan for each assigned account in collaboration with matrixed teams.
- Interact with all assigned accounts, and field sales colleagues at a rate and frequency determined by your designated supervisor.
- Provide monthly feedback to Optimer-matrixed workgroups regarding customer needs for information and services and work with internal groups to develop and improve HEOR-specific customer information, services, materials, and tools.
- Provide consultative support to customers in an ongoing manner to evaluate quality of care/outcomes in a way that allows opportunities to assess ongoing effectiveness of customer actions to improve care quality and outcomes, and total treatment cost.
- Spend average of 3 days per week in the field with cross-functional field partners to support training and implementation of HEOR/quality improvement information, services, materials, and tools.
- Achieve all metrics, as agreed upon and included in the Optimer Goal Planning process
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences (PharmD, MD, PhD, MS, MSN, Dr PH, MPH, etc.)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in field based outcomes research from a pharmaceutical industry perspective.
- Advanced training and practical experience in outcomes research, pharmacy administration, health economics, public health, or related discipline required.
- Practical experience in healthcare quality processes at the provider, medical group, and managed care levels.
- Significant work experience in a Managed Markets and Hospital setting.
- Infectious disease experience highly preferred.
- Experience and/or in-depth knowledge of health economics, outcomes research, quality improvement, disease management processes and their application to communicating value propositions and quality improvement strategies to diverse customer and market segment is required.
- Highly developed skill set in data analytics and outcomes research methodology is required.
- Demonstrated leadership planning, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to travel, up to 3/4days per week - overnight travel depending on schedule and geography.
Optimer's Talent Acquisition team appreciates recruiter interest; however, unsolicited resumes or calls from third parties will not be accepted at this time. Optimer does not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiting firms. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of Optimer and no fee shall be due.