Department Function / Objective:
- Track relevant treatment guidelines and scientific conference plans; interface with the professionals who shape them.
- Identify, support and develop appropriate speakers and educational programming relevant to business strategies and OL relationship development initiatives.
- Assist Phase III/IV, Non-clinical and Investigator Initiated (all types) Studies and publication initiatives.
- Goals will be accomplished by the development and execution of an area business plan in concert with marketing and clinical development plans working in collaboration with appropriate internal colleagues.
Mid-Atlantic Territory includes: MD, DC, DE, Eastern PA, Southern NJ
- Develop tactics for communicating complex scientific information to the healthcare community.
- Disseminate and convey complex medical/scientific information to professional and internal audiences.
- Seek/uncover data that may have potential for publication &/or abstract presentation.
- Provide necessary clinical/scientific support for products in third-party payer environment.
- Present scientific evidence in support of guideline development, treatment protocols and drug utilization.
- Identify/recommend appropriate faculty and speaker nominees for advisory boards and consult meetings.
- Develop speakers through one-on-one orientation and review of approved clinical and supportive data sets.
- Act as a clinical resource with professional and advocacy organizations with the objective of developing relationships and identifying potential business opportunities.
- Serve as scientific resource to commercial and clinical teams as appropriate.
- Assist with educational content, medical content review and professional communication materials.
- Provide support for answering unsolicited medical questions, adverse event follow through and other clinically related medical information issues.
- Perform administrative duties and project tasks in a timely manner as assigned.
- MD required.
- 3-5 years industry experience preferred or 5+ years clinical experience.
- Therapeutic expertise in infectious diseases highly preferred.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and administrative skills.
- Significant technical expertise and ability to maintain expertise and credibility.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written).
- High level of sensitivity relative to the needs of patients and health care providers.
- Excellent problem solving ability in concert with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to adapt/react to changing market dynamics and competitive challenges.
- Tenacity and perseverance to help overcome individual and group challenges with perceived resistance.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Strong concept of team and ability to support team work for internal and external gain.
- High sense of urgency and commitment to excellence in the successful achievement of objectives.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to demonstrate leadership and initiative.
- Ability to analyze business environment and opportunities then demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Capacity to work irregular hours, travel and attend weekend professional programs.
- Alert to key market changes by listening to health professionals, competitors and government regulators.
- Successfully manage projects by meeting assigned benchmarks.
- Responsible for developing and achieving business goals. MERL goals and tactics positively impact therapeutic areas and support commercial objectives. MERLs are responsible for delivering clinical and scientific information to support strategic objectives. The MERL interface with individual and groups of health professionals affects thought leader opinions and have an impact on the overall business success.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: The MERL has no direct reports.
Scope of Authority:
Authority to determine the most significant business opportunities within his/her respective assignment. Resource allocation recommendations as is appropriate to achieve business objectives
Key Assessment Points:
- Relationship Building
- Technical Knowledge
- Negotiation Skills
- Business Analysis
- Business Judgment
- Program Execution
- Planning and Organization
- Teamwork and Participation
- Leadership Capabilities
- Adaptability – Flexibility
Optimer's Talent Acquisition team appreciates recruiter interest, however, unsolicited resumes or calls from third parties will not be accepted at this time. Optimer does not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiting firms. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of Optimer and no fee shall be due.