Senior Demand Planner
50 Years of Wellness!
Simply. Healthier. Together.
Swanson Health Products is located is Fargo, ND and sells discount vitamins and supplements, organic foods, natural skincare products, homeopathic remedies and more.
- Growing Company
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Full Benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
- Vacation, sick time, holidays, and personal time
The primary functions of this position are to manage item level unit forecasts in partnership with the Analytics Team and work with the key business partners to forecast inventory.
- Manage item level demand forecasts to feed internal planning and purchasing of Swanson and National brand products. These forecasts will maximize sales and minimize the impact of lost sales. This includes utilizing item level forecasts derived from ARIMA, exponential smoothing and other forecasting algorithms. And, developing accurate monthly item level forecasts by editing, modifying and/or correcting the model generated forecasts. This includes analyzing exceptions and other key factors that will have a positive impact on model generated forecast accuracy.
- Collaborate with business partners in Merchandising, Marketing, Purchasing and Analytics to facilitate information sharing that will include key demand trends and seasonality as well as understanding key business decisions that will impact the demand forecast.
- Build a strong understanding of the connections between VMS seasonality, product seasonality, promotions and other factors that impact demand forecasts. This will allow the generation of an effective and accurate forward forecast.
- Manage inventory forecasts, identifying trends and escalating issues or changes to leadership. Includes considerations for cost changes, promotional activities, etc.
- Develop and lead S&OP process with key channel owners to ensure demand plans are fulfilled and changes to plan are understood and actioned.
- Work with buying team to manage receipt flow to ensure inventory is at an acceptable level.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community to present a professional image of SHP.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously with awareness of deadlines
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and navigate within assigned computer software
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement and to recommend improvements
- Proficiency in excel
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree Business, Finance, Mathematics, Economics or Marketing with 5 years progressive experience in inventory processes and analyzing trends. Proficiency in excel and knowledge of statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, R, minitab, etc. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE
- Master Control
- Microsoft Office Products
- General office equipment