Reporting to the site General Manager, this position strategically plans and executes sales activities within defined market(s) to attain the company goals and objectives. Prioritizes and supports development programs, builds the sales organization accordingly and has responsibility for new and existing customers in assigned market(s).
Supervisory Responsibilities: Could be assigned Sales Engineer(s), Inside Sales Representative(s), and/or Outside Sales Representative(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations of Sales personnel including Representatives.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of market(s) to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Insures continual studies of market(s) for new development.
- Studies market and applications to determine sales potential and growth probabilities. Determines market saturation, value of applications and their effect on service and revenue.
- Identifies marketing strategies and trade show attendance
- Formulates company sales goals, both long and short range projections, and tracks and analyzes actual sales versus forecasted and makes sales adjustments where necessary.
- Promotes creative marketing approaches to showcase technology and capabilities
- Directs, oversees, and reviews CTS quotations relative to market(s); sets pricing policy inline with policy, such as margins, and development and overtime charges.
- Interfaces with inside sales support and engineers to identify cost problems, customer issues, development projects and any corrective actions.
- Investigates and keeps current with market trends and dynamics that impact the business.
- Responsible for new and existing customers within the market(s).
- Establishes and maintains long term agreements with customers.
- Extensive travel to customers; minimum 60% –70% expected travel time
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude, People Management)
Managing for Results
Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments and sites)
Customer Focus (internal and external)
Communication (including Interpersonal Skills
Education, Experience, Other Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Marketing preferred) plus five years of experience in sales and marketing (preferred in the thermal spray industry); or 10 years sales and marketing experience with three years in management.
This is a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse conditions.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, handle, feel and control items or equipment, talk, hear, see, and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, which is regularly required to view computer screen. Occasionally may need to lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.