The Product Engineer focuses on project management - product development and product improvement activities within the Profit Center, ensuring efficient product substantiation, new product introduction, and on-going process improvements for assigned product line.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following:
- Leads and is accountable for new product development activities within specified product line(s).
- Maintains the status of all development activities and appropriately communicates with internal and external customers.
- Ensures a thorough and effective transition of new products and processes into production.
- Coordinates the completion and issuance of cost estimates.
- Develops process planning, incorporating customer requirements and coordinating reviews with CTS quality and production personnel. Sends plans to customer for approval as required.
- Ensures the effective design of production tooling.
- Manages the issuance and accuracy of production work instructions.
- Develops robotic programs related to product development.
- Participates in production throughput improvement activities to support cycle time reduction efforts.
- Manages the standard costs across product line.
- Interfaces with customers in regards to development and process activity status.
- Supports the CTS Vision, Quality Policy and Mission statement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position."
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.”
- The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude)
- Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments and sites)
- Customer Focus (internal and external)
- Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative, Project Management, Creativity/Innovation)
- Results Focused
- Job Knowledge
- Communication (including Interpersonal Skills)
- Work Environment/Safety
- Computer Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Documents
Education, Experience, Other Skills
- Bachelor's degree; B.S. in Materials or Mechanical Engineering preferred; technical work-study or intern experience in thermal spray coatings preferred.
- Or ten years experience in application of thermal spray coatings including support of associated engineering projects.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, geometry, trigonometry, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to standard manufacturing shop environmental conditions. Eye protection is required in shop areas. The noise level in the shop can be loud, and ear protection is to be used where required. Other personal protective equipment may be required as appropriate.