Responsible for ensuring only conforming product is shipped to customers or added to finished good inventory, performing final visual and dimensional inspection of completed parts. Verifies required operations and testing have been performed and that required results have been documented. Signs routers and certificates of conformance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Verifies that characteristics generated or potentially affected by CTS processing conform to requirements.
- Use various types of tools, gauges, and measuring equipment to verify coating thickness and location, and part dimensions; confirms that these tools, gauges, and measuring equipment are calibrated and functioning properly.
- Verifies that the correct coating has been applied.
- Verifies that required operations have been completed and claimed on the router.
- Performs visual inspection of product for unacceptable defects such as cracks, chips, delamination, scratches, dents, dings, etc., and that product exhibits good workmanship.
- Verifies surface finishes when CTS is responsible for them: as-sprayed coatings, finished coatings, ground surfaces, etc.
- Accepts product on behalf of customers when authorized via a customer’s designated supplier quality representative program.
- Works with Customer Service function to ensure product is ready for shipment, on time.
- Initiates corrective action and/or problem log entries when appropriate.
- Performs internal quality audits to monitor production processes and OAP operators, and documents results.
- Documents results of inspections and ensures required quality records (within the scope of this function) are identified and retained in accordance with CTS procedure.
- Identifies product defects on routers and appropriate MRB tags, and ensures nonconforming parts are placed into the appropriate designated MRB areas; informs other functions of issues detected.
- Verifies product returning from outside processing conforms, and reviews vendor certifications.
- Verifies product identification such as part number and serial number match customer paperwork and that the quantity is correct.
- Reviews certificates of conformance for completeness and accuracy before signing them.
- Maintains compliance with vision requirements, including periodic vision exams and corrective lenses, if required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have vision tested and be compliant with the minimum near vision requirements of Snellen 14/18 or Jaeger 2 (20/30 minimum), either uncorrected or corrected.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
- In addition to those competencies listed in the Support job description, an individual must exhibit these competencies.
Education, Experience, Other Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to make accurate measurements using various gauges and tools including micrometers, calipers, vernier scales, eddy current/magnetic induction, rules, and protractors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to standard manufacturing shop environmental conditions. Eye protection is required in shop areas. The noise level in the shop can be loud, and ear protection is to be used where required. Other personal protective equipment may be required as appropriate.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, handle, feel and control items or equipment, talk, hear, see, and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, which is regularly required to view computer screen. Occasionally may need to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.