Packs and prepares parts for shipment to customers. The requirements listed in the Support Operator primary job description apply to this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Prepares and packs for shipment, utilizing best practices to ensure the parts and coatings are protected from transit damage using various and appropriate packaging such as strapping, shrink wrap, bubble wrap, tissue paper, newspaper, plastic sleeves, packing peanuts, and customer-supplied packaging.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard shipping cartons if not supplied by the customer; otherwise package the part in the same manner as received (plus protection for coating) using customer-supplied container.
- Ensures parts/containers/pallets are properly and correctly labeled or stenciled for shipment.
- Is responsible for attaching and/or enclosing the correct shipping documents to the appropriate containers and getting required signatures when parts are shipped; forwards signed paperwork to Customer Service or appropriate department.
- Receives packages from transit companies.
- Ensures that paperwork from incoming shipments is forwarded to the appropriate department.
- Unpacks incoming parts and inspects for transit damage, informing Customer Service or Quality if damage is observed; places parts in the appropriate staging areas.
- Verifies part numbers, serial numbers, and quantities of incoming parts match paperwork, informing Customer Service if a discrepancy is observed
- Ensures incoming raw materials are forwarded to the appropriate department or area.
- Delivers incoming merchandise to the appropriate department or person.
- Utilizes part handling equipment and techniques appropriate to the object(s) being moved, observing all CTS safety requirements.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
- The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Teamwork (supports work teams)
- Customer Focus (internal and external)
- Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative)
- Job Knowledge
- Work Environment/Safety
- Personal Organization
- Technical Documents
- Decision Making/Judgment
Education, Experience, Other Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to standard manufacturing shop environmental conditions. Eye protection is required in shop areas. The noise level in the shop can be loud, and ear protection is to be used where required. Other personal protective equipment may be required as appropriate.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, handle, feel and control items or equipment, talk, hear, see, and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, which is regularly required to view computer screen. Occasionally may need to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.