For over 30 years, Cincinnati Thermal Spray (CTS), provides innovative coating application solutions serving several industries including: Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Industrial, Medical, Oil & Gas, Pumps and Steel. By utilizing state of the art technology, CTS is a preeminent provider to our customers. We are driven by leadership, committed to excellence and continued growth.
Cincinnati Thermal Spray is seeking a talented professional to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment as a Technical Writer. The Technical Writer creates and revises technical plans, organizes substantiation packages, tracks engineering request completion, organizes computer files, creates outside process planning instructions(OPPI), and acts as a liaison between manufacturing, quality and engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports engineers with organization and facilitation of all technical documentation.
- Prepares technical documents across all product lines associated with the product including, be not limited to, technical plans, operating procedures, and substantiation packages.
- Observes productions, developmental and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
- Submits technical documents to customers for review and approval.
- Tracks departmental metrics
- Confers with customer representatives and vendors to establish technical specifications.
- Reviews published material and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to illustrate material.
- Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Assists with data collection and organization for new process/product substantiation projects as required.
- Leads activities to improve engineering related administrative processes
- Enters and maintains standard costs for all within the production tracking system.
- Maintains all robotic program reference documentation available to manufacturing and production personnel.
- Facilitates, organizes and completes actions on engineering requests across all product lines, and revises internal documents when required to implement process changes.
- Works with Engineers to generate OPPI and maintain outside process quotations.
- Tracks new process sales using CUPID.
- Maintains tooling database.
Education, Experience, Other Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or seven years related experience; or seven year combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and statistics to such tasks as statistical process control, design of experiment and various analysis methodologies.