The Outside Salesperson handles pricing, sales, follow-up, and purchase order acceptance, and through the sales functions, ultimately creates and preserves a positive customer image of CTS. This position reports directly to the site General Manager. This is an entry level position that ideally will tap into other markets yet explored.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides customer interface with Engineering and Quality to monitor customer requirements and provides follow-up for new orders.
- Coordinates all sales activities with assigned customer base, completes new customer profiles and follows up for customer approval.
- Receives incoming calls from present and prospective customers, answering questions and selling CTS capabilities.
- Sets pricing, based on costs from Product Engineering, company margin expectations, knowledge of market, historical pricing and information gathered in the course of dealing with each customer, in accordance with quotation procedure.
- Gathers competitive information and customer satisfaction information whenever possible and insures that it is communicated to others in the company. Assists in addressing customer concerns with any resources available to CTS.
- Maintains prospect and project lists for acquisition of new business and helps to identify resources needed for business expansion.
- Accurately enters useful customer information in CRM Reporting Tool.
- Visits present and prospective customers and develops/maintains strong personal relationships with assigned customer base. Participates with others within CTS in order to ensure that customer satisfaction is in the forefront of our activities.
- Prepares sales forecasts and alerts Customer Service Dept. about non-forecasted new business coming to CTS.
- Negotiates with customers on monetary issues and helps with collection of overdue invoices.
- Processes all necessary paperwork in a timely way to enable smooth operation at CTS.
- Travels overnight, up to 50% of the time, with a client base.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
- The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude)
Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments and sites)
Customer Focus (internal and external)
Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative, Project Management, Creativity/Innovation)
Communication (including Interpersonal Skills)
Education, Experience, Other Skills
This is a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse conditions.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, handle, feel and control items or equipment, talk, hear, see, and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, which is regularly required to view computer screen. Occasionally may need to lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.