The Product Engineer focuses on project management - product development and product improvement activities within the Profit Center, ensuring efficient product substantiation, new product introduction, and on-going process improvements for assigned product line.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following:
- Leads and is accountable for new product development activities within specified product line(s).
- Maintains the status of all development activities and appropriately communicates with internal and external customers.
- Ensures a thorough and effective transition of new products and processes into production.
- Coordinates the completion and issuance of cost estimates.
- Develops process planning, incorporating customer requirements and coordinating reviews with CTS quality and production personnel. Sends plans to customer for approval as required.
- Ensures the effective design of production tooling.
- Manages the issuance and accuracy of production work instructions.
- Develops robotic programs related to product development.
- Participates in production throughput improvement activities to support cycle time reduction efforts.
- Manages the standard costs across product line.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
Education, Experience, Other Skills