CTS Midwest is currently recruiting for a Production Engineer with experience in lean manufacturing.
Handles on-going activities that support improving the quality, repeatability, cycle time and profitability improvements within the Operations Department of the Profit Center, through the evaluation of data and conducting experiments to develop applications of improved equipment, techniques, tooling, procedures or practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in and leads production throughput improvement activities.
- Maintains the status of all process improvement development activities and appropriately communicates with internal customers.
- Works with the shop to develop and implement the most efficient and cost effective process throughput improvement
- Works with CTS Product Engineers and Quality to incorporate necessary changes to CTS work instructions as required.
- Coordinates the activity required to issue new cost standards due to the process improvements.
- Ensures a thorough and effective transition of process improvements into production.
- Works with Sales and Estimating to provide process times, tooling ideas and cost estimates on new development and production hardware.
- Assists Engineering with testing and evaluating new thermal spray equipment, materials and processes.
- Maintains a working knowledge and ability to operate all thermal spray and support equipment used at CTS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
U.S. Person - This position requires a U.S. Person as defined by U.S. ITAR and EAR regulations due to CTS handling items and data restricted for export by ITAR and/or EAR. Proof of U.S. citizenship (U.S. birth certificate or U.S. passport), naturalization or permanent resident status is required.
- Leadership (including Integrity/Ethics, Attitude)
- Teamwork/Team Leadership (supports other departments and sites)
- Customer Focus (internal and external)
- Productivity (including Dependability, Initiative, Project Management, Creativity/Innovation)
- Results Focused
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Job Knowledge
- Communication (including Interpersonal Skills)
- Work Environment/Safety
- Computer Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Documents
Education, Experience, Other Skills
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering discipline preferred);or
Associate Degree in Engineering discipline plus 1 year experience in Production or Engineering; or
7 years experience and training in Production or Engineering.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, geometry and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning - Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive customer specifications and a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.