For over 30 years, Cincinnati Thermal Spray (CTS), has provided innovative coating application solutions serving several industries including: Aerospace, Automotive, Energy, Industrial, Medical, Oil & Gas, Pumps and Steel. By utilizing state of the art technology, CTS is a preeminent provider to our customers. We are driven by leadership, committed to excellence and continued growth.
Cincinnati Thermal Spray is seeking a talented professional to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment to support Shipping and Receiving. The position is full-time, Noon to Midnight on the weekends.
Packs and prepares parts for shipment to customers. The requirements listed in the Support Operator primary job description apply to this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and packs for shipment, utilizing best practices to ensure the parts and coatings are protected from transit damage using various and appropriate packaging such as strapping, shrink wrap, bubble wrap, tissue paper, newspaper, plastic sleeves, packing peanuts, and customer-supplied packing.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard shipping cartons if not supplied by the customer; otherwise package the part in the same manner as received (plus protection for coating) using customer0supplied container.
- Ensures parts/containers/pallets are properly and correctly labeled or stenciled for shipment.
- Is responsible for attaching and/or enclosing the correct shipping documents to the appropriate containers and getting required signatures when parts are shipped; forwards signed paperwork to Customer Service or appropriate department.
- Receives packages from transit companies.
- Ensures that paperwork from incoming shipments is forwarded to the appropriate department.
- Unpacks incoming parts and inspects for transit damage, informing Customer Service or Quality if damage is observed; places parts in the appropriate staging areas.
- Verifies part numbers, serial numbers, and quantities of incoming parts match paperwork, informing Customer Service if a discrepancy is observed.
- Ensures incoming raw materials are forwarded to the appropriate department or area.
- Delivers incoming merchandise to the appropriate department or person.
- Utilizes part handling equipment and techniques appropriate to the object(s) being moved, observing all CTS safety requirements.
- Handling export controlled technology and/or technical data while performing duties within this position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ('EAR’) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ('ITAR’) and the Company's export control procedures. The access to such technology/technical data to anyone other than a U.S. Person* could affect the applicant’s scope of employment and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Therefore, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this position.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a 'green card' holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.