Job Title: Accounting Clerk (Part-Time) Department: Finance
Reports to: Director of Finance Date: 2/9/18
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (position is part-time -20 hours/week
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of Finance and working closely with Finance staff, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for clerical functions such as basic accounting and computer data entry, printing, copying, and filing.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE: Process Accounts Payable and maintain files.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: Process and post cash receipts and maintain files.
- ACCOUNTING RECORDS/REPORTS: Print, copy, assemble and distribute reports and records.
- AUDITS: Pull checks and other support required by financial and grant auditors
- GRANTS: Prepare grant billing packages by printing, copying and assembling. File grant documents.
- POSTING: Perform postings to financial programs
- YEAR END: Assist with processing W-2’s and 1099’s.
- TRAVEL: Deliver and pick up items such as billing statements and payments to/from funders.
- GENERAL ACCOUNTING: Maintain basic account reconciliations including preparing month end journal entries (such as fixed assets/depreciation).
- Participate actively in individual supervision with the Director of Finance.
Personal Growth and Development:
- Professional development in accounting and AFG-related topics through attendance at in-service trainings as well as external training opportunities
Other Job Duties as Assigned (secondary)
- Other basic accounting functions as needed.
II. JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Job related background and preparation:
- One to two years of relevant college or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Business office experience desirable
- Non-profit experience desirable
- Flexibility, reliability, stability and consistency in job performance
- Ability to handle crises and tolerates stress professionally
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be punctual and self-motivated
- Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule including overtime when required
- Meet all Agency licensing requirements: TB test, DHS clearance, etc
- Valid Michigan driver’s license, good driving record and access to personal vehicle
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS;
- Ability to use copy equipment
- Ability to use computers
- Ability to make drop offs and pickups from a vehicle
- Ability to lift and carry moderate amounts of documents
- Ability to file in two and four drawer files