TITLE: Processor -San Francisco (T.E.)
SALARIED OR HOURLY: Hourly
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
EXEMPT OR NON EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: (the purpose of the role)
The Processing Clerk sorts thru all incoming donations and determines what donations are sellable and non-sellable.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Accountabilities = the WHAT. The specific outcomes or results that an experienced person in this job is expected to contribute to the goals and performance of Goodwill. Include financial/budget accountabilities that the individual has direct or indirect impact on. Responsibilities = the HOW. The specific duties that an experienced person in this job is expected to perform in the achievement of their accountabilities).
- Support revenue goals by maximizing the value of donated goods
- Meeting production goals that are timeline driven accurately
- Meet production goals by sorting and identifying goods according to categories, including separating high-end and vintage goods, placing items in proper containers
- Properly packing breakable and non-breakable goods
- Placing sellable goods on hangers for racking to be tagged, priced and shipped
- Cross-train in processing of new goods or Target goods
- Handle goods and equipment properly to avoid damage or breakage
- Fill out production and inventory reports
- Deliver goods to work station using proper equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping around work station by sweeping, keeping work supplies stocked and stacking processed goods neatly and safely
- Perform basic arithmetic calculations including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Attend classes and training that can improve skills
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (education, work experience, and technical competencies)
- Knowledge of collectables and high end items a plus
- Ability to identify different categories of donated goods such as; clothing, house wares, shoes, purses etc.
- Must be able to read and write legibly
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to work evening and week-end hours
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Work in conditions subject to outside elements
- Able to perform arithmetical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Respects and has knowledge of cultures, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientations and age groups other than one’s own, able to work effectively with all.