The Claims Set-Up Technician will be responsible for meeting established data entry quality, production and timeliness goals for new claims set up. Relies on instructions, established guidelines, and judgment to perform the functions of the job with proficiency. Works under general supervision.
- Screens First Report of Injury correspondence
- Able to manually input new claims into our Claims Operating System that are not routed to claim intake vendor.
- Able to check new claims for policy coverage and/or handle underwriting issues
- Will perform quality check on all setups completed by claim intake vendor; entering/correcting information where necessary
- Able to upload and decrypt files for set up
- Will process and mail all contact letters for new setups
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to correctly identify new claims received from other sources
- Must be pro-active, efficient and productive
- Performs high quality customer service when answering internal calls and emails
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Performs other support tasks as requested and/or able to work with others as one team
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Complies with required project schedules/timeliness
- Proactively communicates directly to the supervisor any problems or issues that may adversely impact a claimant, vendor, or the company
- Associate degree or equivalent to from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and /or training ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including legal letters, hearing notices, medical resource materials, state documents, other correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unit of measures using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Able to quickly master and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.