Senior Systems Administrator
(Waltham, MA - Headquarters)
- Affinnova is one of the world’s fastest growing marketing technology companies, with a 500% growth rate over the past five years and 200 talented employees worldwide.
- We are fundamentally transforming the way brands innovate and market their products and services. Powered by optimization algorithms and predictive analytics and insight, our technology platform dramatically improves innovation and marketing success rates, helping companies increase the effectiveness of products, advertising and designs by more than 50%.
- Led by the strength of our technology platform, Affinnova has gained significant momentum across both large and mid-sized enterprises including such Global Fortune 500 companies as Procter & Gamble, Nestle, Pfizer and Bank of America.
- Thanks to our explosive global growth, we are adding new offices across the U.S., Europe and Asia. We are also expanding our technology across all industries from consumer packaged goods and life sciences to financial services, retail/e-commerce and consumer electronics.
- We’re seeking a Senior Systems Administrator with 7 + years of experience to administer, support, and maintain the production infrastructure.
- This individual would be responsible for all aspects of the network, systems, databases, security, and documentation of Affinnova’s live environment.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Here are some of the specific abilities and skills the ideal candidate will have:
- Record of Success – Proven track record of impacting results throughout career by being the best at what you do and making unique contributions. Good grasp of MS SQL Server required
- Super Smart – Highly versatile thinker who can assimilate knowledge and understanding across different industries, products, technologies, disciplines etc.
- Collaborative – Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm and can drive decision-making
- Innovative – Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set us apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance
- Pragmatic – Does not reinvent the wheel once something works and figures out how to scale processes and practices that drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Pride of Authorship – Intrinsically cares about the quality of their work
- Flexible and Resourceful – Thrives in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges are the order of the day and necessity is the mother of invention
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must have significant experience administering and supporting:
- 4+ years of Windows 2008 server system administration experience
- 2 + years of MS SQL Server experience
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Server virtualization
- Enterprise-level backup
- SANs and/or NASs
- Web server administration (this is a plus)
- Network equipment administration (this is a plus)
- Multi-OS environment (including Windows and Linux)
- Server virtualization software (VMWare)
- Enterprise storage systems (EMC, NetApp)
- Network equipment such as L3 switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- BS Computer Science or relevant engineering degree from a reputable school
Affinnova is an equal opportunity employer.