Job Title: 3rd Key Team Lead General Merchandise
Department: General Merchandise
Supervisor: Store Manager
Pay Class: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Manage daily operations and general merchandise employees in GM location/Department. Result’s driven, by way of maintaining an appealing retail environment and ensuring a well-trained team committed to delivering “excellence in customer service”, building lasting customer relationships.
Key Results Areas
- General Merchandise Daily Operations and Labor Controls
- Recruitment,Training and Development of Employees
- Inventory Management
- Retail Environment and Customer Service
- Implementations of Promotions & Event set-up
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee and Direct Operations of General Merchandise Location
- Grow the volume of General Merchandise sales
- Maintain budgeted revenue, labor and expense objectives
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Participates with Store Manager in administering Company Policy
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Communicate regularly with the Regional Manager regarding
- Product Style Options
- Product Availability
2. Recruitment, Training and Development of Employees
3. Inventory Management
- Participates in recruiting and interviews of eligible candidates
- Ensure General Merchandise personnel are well trained and staffed adequately to meet business needs
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Trains store staff by reviewing and studying orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and establishing business needs within the retail store location; developing and implementing new product training.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
4. Retail Environment and Customer Service
- Maximize return on investment of General Merchandise inventory
- Manage and process all receipts of incoming inventory, ensuring accuracy
- Maintain assortment representation
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock through floor replenishment to support demand and acceptable inventory turn
- Supervise and maintain accurate up to date inventory management control system
- Manage periodic cycle counts
- Participates in periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers and internal customers of the dealerships’
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Demonstrate the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously
- Point out any current sales, specials, or new merchandise to customers
- Assist customers with their selection of merchandise and offer additional product that compliments the purchase
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy, a positive attitude and demonstrate our shared values and commitment to success to do the right thing the right time to deliver exception customer service
- Become proficient in current POS System
- Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor
- Ensure Retail environment for General Merchandise Location/department is well merchandise ,displays clean, well dusted and appealing to customers
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Implements all business promotions.
5. Other Duties
Supervisory Responsibilities - Team Leaders and Associates
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with respect.
- Demonstrate superior customer service behavior for all personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customer, suppliers, subcontractors, employees and General manager and owner(s)
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Demonstrate professionalism in providing customer service.
- Present an up beat, friendly, outgoing personality to customers; no matter what the situation
- Use integrity in all business dealings
- Safety- Ride Safe and create a safe work environment
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Experience with retail sales and inventory management
- Preferred knowledge and experience with Harley Davidson General Merchandise or other product sold by dealership, or demonstrate the ability to quickly learn
- Friendly, outgoing personality; must demonstrate ability to get along with broad customer base.
- Schooling or experience in retail sales, food and beverage or hospitality.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Must have the ability to stand and work the sales floor for extended periods during scheduled shift
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50 lb. of merchandise.
- Majority of work is conducted indoors; however, some outdoor booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other events.