This position is responsible for providing quality customer service by obtaining necessary documentation for underwriting the loan file; ordering third party documentation; communicating directly with the customer and/or originator regarding missing documentation; providing proper disclosures as required by regulations. Pre-underwrite loan file prior to underwriting submission. Assist underwriting staff in obtaining loan conditions needed in clearing a loan to close.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtain and assemble complete loan package in proper order for underwriting. Verify all required documentation (pre-underwrite) in the file. Complete loan checklist for audit.
- Directly communicate with Loan Originator and underwriter in writing and/or by telephone in order to obtain initial and missing documentation required to qualify for the loan, including but not limited to income information, asset information, credit authorization, trust agreements, purchase agreements, etc.
- Review loans for compliance within RESPA, TIL, HMDA, Reg. B, etc. (all mortgage related regulations). Prepare proper disclosures as required by regulations. Verifies documentation submitted and identifies any potential issues that may arise in underwriting.
- Communicate with various companies to obtain Property Survey, Flood Certificate, Title Commitment, and payoff information. Verify vendor orders are complete and in files.
- Manage pipeline by reports within allotted turn-around times. Assist set-up of loans.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years mortgage loan processing experience.
- Knowledge of RESPA guidelines.
- General knowledge of all mortgage and consumer lending regulations.
- Regulation Z and Regulation B requirements and loan documents preferred.
- Computer skills including word processing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.